wsjt on linux

  • ke4lkq
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2006
      anybody in this group using wsjt on linux??
      particulary on Suse 10.1??
      would like to talk to you
      thanks
      Victor k4xtt (new call)
    • Harry Popov
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2006
        Hi Victor,

        On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 02:18 +0000, ke4lkq wrote:
        > anybody in this group using wsjt on linux??

        I do use WSJT under Linux since April this year. Actually I wiped my
        windows since then. I do use Mandriva 2007 here. I am not quite familiar
        with SuSe 10.1 but might be of some help if you want to compile wsjt.

        BTW if some one is interested I did a test. Instaled Mandriva 2007 on
        very old and slow Compaq Armada 7800. It is PII 266Mhz 128Mb RAM
        computer. Was surprised how quick is WSJT under Linux. On the same
        computer with Windows 2000 a period on JT65b was decoded for about 45
        seconds and longer with "Agressive deep dearch decoding" option. Under
        Linux the same task is done for less than 10 seconds. FSK441 perod is
        decoded for just a fraction more than 1 second.

        I do not mention any decoding quality difference between Windows and
        Linux compilation at all. Speaking for the last WSJT 5.9.6 r309 official
        release.

        73, Harry LZ1BB