Re: [wsjtgroup] Proposed Messages "KAOS"

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2003
      Tip - 1st of all a big Thank You for your efforts in the promotion of
      FSK441. Well Done.

      On the proposed messages for the "KOAS". I like the approach and
      message format for running simplex on the calling freqs - looks FB. I
      think we should give it a test drive and see what shakes out. The info
      that Rex, VK7MO, provided on the geometry and footprint of MS coverage
      would strongly suggest there should be little or no qrm expected except
      where 2 qth's are very close and if they operate on same tx/rec sequence
      then that problem may be minimized too. We should be prepared to explain
      what is going on if asked by other MS users that may puzzled (e.g., keep
      link to "KAOS" page handy!!)

      I do question the footprint as I've seen multiple stations copy same
      transmission/qso over a wide area. Actual 'ping' may not have been the
      same instance in time and/or rock producing the received signals and
      would of course vary with how sharp the beams are, whether TX and/or Rec
      station had elevation and radiant of rocks, etc, etc.... Might be worth
      saving and examining some common decodes and/or wave files at some point
      to investigate with various station parameters and locations taken into
      account. Will have to see if I can find a copy of Schanker's book -
      sounds very interesting.

      Bruce, KD5IUG