Proposed Messages For Saturday Unassisted QSO Hours . . .

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2003

      I have listened to all the comments relating to the Random QSO Hour. I also reviewed the data from Rex as they have already worked thru a lot of the issues we are seeing now.

      I have made a page for the “Unassisted Random QSO Hour” at http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/Pictures/unassisted.htm (this is part of my www.qsl.net/wa5ufh ). This page is “Evergreen” and will be updated as needed. Consensus group decisions will be posted… I realize that this issue of how to call cq is already in question and probably 100% agreement is impossible. But we still need to move forward and work together for the best conventions.

       Do we operate simplex or use the old scheme of announcing where you will be listening with the CQ call. (U or D) I can see this is an important issue for most.

       I think we can have it both ways for this weekly Unassisted QSO Hour.  The caller makes the decision for the “Unassisted QSO Hour” rather to operate simplex or listen and complete qso’s off the call frequency.  During contests the rules should give some guidance for the desired method of calling CQ’s.  During the Weekly Event on Saturday, practice with both methods!

      Up to now, I have probably made less random contacts than anyone else. I am not the rules maker and don’t want to be but would like to post what procedures are currently being used. Up to now there is no adhered to convention so we propose one. So if you’re interested in this and plan to operate during Saturday Random QSO Hours, please critique the proposed process and provide feedback on the WSJTGROUP.

      I think we have a workable process described but look for holes. I have thick skin………… If you prefer to do nothing, that is an option. We can continue the path we are now using until we have more data…

      Randy Tipton WA5UFH (Tip)
      Edna, Texas EL19pa
      Email            : wa5ufh@...

      HomePage    : www.qsl.net/wa5ufh