RigExpert

  • Nige
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi.

      It is not clear from my searches on the web and various forums
      whether the WSJT PTT problem has be solved, there certainly don't
      appear to be any recent posts about it and I have not seen any real
      solutions, so my apologies if what I am about to say is repeated
      elsewhere.

      RigExpert by default issues four com ports for various applications,
      in my installation these were COM 15, 16, 17, 18, with PTT on COM 16.

      WSJT returned the message 'cannot open COM port 16' and I could not
      TX using any version after WSJT 4.8.

      I now have 5.9.6.309 TXing perfectly. All that I did was to go to
      Device Manager and change the PTT port from COM 16 to unused COM 3
      and WSJT now recognises my RigExpert PTT and operates normally.

      Once again my apologies if I am repeating well-circulated
      information but I have not seen any solutions posted lke this one!

      Best wishes to all and 73 de N!ge G7CNF