6 meter mobil antenna

  • LARRY
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2006
      Well guys, I got new laptop and 706. I have the soundcard interface,
      now all I need is antenna for the Ford Ranger, Im entertaining
      suggestions as to what antenna, halo. loop etc. to use for MS on 6.
      All suggestions are welcomed.

      Happy Holidays.
      Larry WB9F
    • Jon W0AMT
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2006
        The best 6 meter mobile antenna I ever used is the PAR electronics stressed
        moxon.
        It is pretty light duty antenna and will be dis-mantled by a tree if it gets
        too close.

        A really heavy duty 6 meter loop is the KB6KQ loop, virtually
        indestructible. I used this one before getting the PAR.

        73, Jon
        W0AMT

        Well guys, I got new laptop and 706. I have the soundcard interface, now all
        I need is antenna for the Ford Ranger, Im entertaining suggestions as to
        what antenna, halo. loop etc. to use for MS on 6.
        All suggestions are welcomed.

        Happy Holidays.
        Larry WB9F

        To unsubscribe, send an email to:

        Activity Periods http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/ NAHSMS Contest Page
        http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • N0PB Phil
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2006
          http://www.qsl.net/k4pwo/sloop.htm
          If you are interested in building a in-expensive one that works well.
          I have a couple mods I did to it if you are interested.
          73,
          Phil N0PB

          > Well guys, I got new laptop and 706. I have the soundcard interface,
          > now all I need is antenna for the Ford Ranger, Im entertaining
          > suggestions as to what antenna, halo. loop etc. to use for MS on 6.
          > All suggestions are welcomed.
          >
          > Happy Holidays.
          > Larry WB9F

        • Bob Poortinga
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
            [Resent with proper subject]

            "Jon W0AMT" <w0amt@...> writes:

            > The best 6 meter mobile antenna I ever used is the PAR electronics stressed
            > moxon.

            Please note that the PAR 6m stressed moxon (SM-50) antenna is a directional
            antenna. Get a halo or squalo if you want an omni-directional horizontally
            polarized mobile antenna. PAR makes an OA-50 omni antenna that looks
            interesting. It's basically a 1/2 half dipole folded horizintally.

            --
            Bob Poortinga K9SQL
            Bloomington, Indiana US