Leonid yesterday ?

  • va2rc_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2006
      Hello to all, yesterday i was waiting for the bigs rocks, but i was a
      few disapointed. i was on 6m. I'v got one bigs rock for about 30 sec
      trying to make contact with VE3EN around 04h45z.

      Was it better on 2m ?

      Anybody found that this year the Leonid was not strong compare to past
      year ?

      I'm a newone on this mode and i like it.

      Please help me to keep my spirit !

      But anyway, i made a few qso during the evening and it was fun.

      Remember, i'm on the FN47 grid...

      Fran├žois, VA2RC

      PS: sorry for my poor english writing.
    • Lee Scott - AA1YN
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2006
        At 03:56 PM 11/19/2006 +0000, va2rc_2000 wrote:
        >Hello to all, yesterday i was waiting for the bigs rocks, but i was a
        >few disapointed. i was on 6m. I'v got one bigs rock for about 30 sec
        >trying to make contact with VE3EN around 04h45z.
        >
        >Was it better on 2m ?
        >
        >Anybody found that this year the Leonid was not strong compare to past
        >year ?
        >
        >I'm a newone on this mode and i like it.
        >
        >Please help me to keep my spirit !
        >
        >But anyway, i made a few qso during the evening and it was fun.
        >
        >Remember, i'm on the FN47 grid...
        >
        >Fran├žois, VA2RC
        >
        >PS: sorry for my poor english writing.

        I felt it was quite poor for a meteor shower, I've had better results
        during the afternoon on any other day. Only made one good contact - WA8CLT
        which was totally random - PJ was down and WA8CLT was not on AA1YN logger.
        Had one large rock on 2m - lasted 800ms.

        I've seen much better showers and August is usually much better.

        P.S. I don't mind poor English so long as no one minds my poor English and
        I'm not one for speaking any other language - flunked out of French in high
        school.

        I admirer anyone foreign to English at least making an attempt and yours is
        excellent.

        Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
        Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
        Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com