Random QSO Hour Results

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2003
      0 for 1 - just called and listened on 6m. Was calling U7 to NE on 1st
      and got great B/S ping off Tip to me at 1440z. Tried direct and B/S -
      no go. I had S-7 to 9 noise towards you Tip!

      Keep thinking of better method of coordination - when I call U/Dxx, I
      feel like I should continue listening on the U/Dxx freq for several
      rounds to make sure no one is calling back before going to monitor the
      calling freq. So a 5 minute CQ U/Dxx is really more like 8-10 minute
      "commitment" on selected rec freq. This may not be a problem once the
      rock counts picks up in summer.

      Suggestion to possibly try - particularly in times of thin rocks, like
      now. Could ops wanting to call N-E-S call 1st and 3rd 15 mintue periods
      and those wanting to call N-W-S call on 2nd and 4th 15 minute periods???
      Reverse for monitoring. Keeping the 1st and 2nd seq of course. Like
      I said - just a suggestion.

      Also, would it help to have 2 hour window with emphasis on 2m in first
      and 6m in second? Suggest 2m as 1st hour since on average there may be
      a tad more rocks.

      I just have a hard time jockeying back and forth between REC and TX and
      bands in 1 hour!

      Bruce, KD5IUG