QST: Most needed Grid Databases

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2006
      Bruce and I, (N5SIX & WA5UFH) have tried to develop a method for WSJT
      operators to increase their totals of WSJT grids worked.

      We chose to use "Databases" where users can enter "their most needed grids".
      This database provides others with the opportunity to assist those needing
      their grid by identifying them so schedules could be made; plus rover
      stations could use it to identify needed grids for possible rover contest
      planning.

      A second database is provided for WSJT Rover stations. It is hoped that all
      WSJT Rover << capable >>stations will enter information here. Rovers can
      post grids they operate from plus potential grids they could offer. This
      database would provide information as to grids known to be activated or
      potential grids that could be offered if asked.

      The last database is simply a place to enter "rover" contacts you have made
      using WSJT modes. This database documents what is possible with WSJT
      portable, mobile or rover operations.

      A note about the databases:
      The baseportal databases are a free service. There is no guarantee these
      services are permanent however I have used them for well over a year without
      any interruptions.

      Database security:
      Everyone can enter data however only WA5UFH and N5SIX can modify or delete
      records. This is necessary for security however anyone who has the resources
      to improve this method please contact us. It would be nice if individuals
      could have a password for each entry so quick changes could be made.

      If an entry error is made we recommend first reentering the data correctly
      and then email us to have the bad entry removed.

      Several rover stations had input developing this process. We hope this can
      become a useful tool and perhaps enhancements added over time.

      The link to the databases can be found on the WSJTGROUP WebPages.

      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/

      Bruce (N5SIX) & Tip (WA5UFH)