Newbie

  • azranger58
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
      Hi all, I apologize for these dumb questions: 1. Is the WSJT frequency
      on USB or LSB?; 2. I have read the WSJT 4.7 User's Guide many times,
      and when I adjust signal levels - Setup - Adjust Rx Vol Control - I
      can only get to a (negative) - 2.6, and NOT a "0 dB". Is a -2.6dB
      acceptable? Thanks a bunch, Lee, near Phoenix, Arizona.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
        Lee --

        You probably have got answers to your questions already, but just in case:

        1. USB
        2. Yes, a level of -2 dB is probably OK. If you find that you need
        more, though, there are many options. Try the mike input instead of
        line input? Use a step-up transformer (one of those little Radio Shack
        audio transformers?) in the audio line? Use a different output port on
        your radio for the audio? I use the constant-level output on the
        accessory sockets on my TS-2000 and FT-847.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT