Re: [wsjtgroup] AMP REPAIR

  • phbjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
          There is a definite delay issue in getting amplifiers repaired and returned by TE.  I sent a 4412G back to be re-tuned to 432.1 MHz and everything "tweaked" for operation there and it took 2.5 months.  Dave was very nice to deal with, but there is no question that they run a significant backlog on repairs.

          That said, I'd still send either of my TE amps back to TE if they needed work despite the probable delay.  There isn't anything that's going to happen in the short term that will "never happen again," so if I miss a contest or meteor shower it's no big deal, there will always be others.

          It is, after all, just a hobby.........      :-)

          73,

          Paul, K4MSG

      Paul Bock, K4MSG
      Hamilton, VA