08/05/2006 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2006
      There was good activity last week but the better rocks seem to die off
      early, although I had some excellent 6m b/s burns from several. It was
      nice to see Buff, WB2SIH and Peter, WA4HEI join in. I would suspect a
      good number joining in tomorrow as we approach the height of Perseid's.

      Note and late (my fault) report for 7/29 from Eddie, KD5JGA. For
      whatever reason, his note got "junked" on receiving here and I didn't
      check the folder before last weeks talley. Eddie heard and tried KE7NR
      and KN4SM on 2m and on 6m he worked N8OC, heard KC0HLN, KE7NR and W0IOH.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      K5CZD - Heard N5SIX, AF4O, WA3LTB
      KS4V - Heard AF4O, WA4HEI, KC0HLN and KI0LE
      KI0LE - Worked K1JT and AB3BK, heard N5SIX, WA4HEI, WE2Y, W1IPL,
      WS4V, WB2SIH and W4FRA
      W4FRA - Tried AF4O not complete, CWNR N5SIX, heard WA4HFN and KI0LE
      KC0HLN - CWNR N5SIX, W1IPL and WS4V, heard K1JT calling N5SIX
      KD5JGA – CWNR N5SIX
      K1JT - Worked AF4O and KI0LE; called N5SIX, heard WA4HFN, KC0HLN,
      and AB3BK
      W0IOH - CWNR N5SIX
      WA3LTB – CWNR KD5JGA, heard N5SIX, WA4HFN, AF4O, and KC0HLN
      N5SIX - CWNR KD5JGA, WB2SIH, W1IPL and K1JT, heard WA3LTB and W4FRA
      trying AF4O

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      WS4V - Worked N5SIX, heard W9NHE and N5BO
      KI0LE - Tried, not complete with K4YMQ, heard KC0HLN, N5SIX, KD5JGA,
      N5BO, WS4V, W0IOH and AF4O
      KC0HLN – Worked W0IOH and N5BO, nothing else heard
      K4YMQ - Heard N5BO, N5SIX, K4CML KI0LE (lost)
      KD5JGA - Worked W0IOH
      W0IOH Worked KD5JGA and KC0HLN, heard W5UWB
      N5SIX - Worked WS4V and N5BO (nice b/s), part way with K4CML,
      heard W0IOH, AF4O (b/s) and K4YMQ (b/s)

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX
    • Chris Cox, N0UK
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2006
        I have rebuilt my rock buster PC and and am able to operate once again.
        Actually, last night I broke my duck and had my first ever JT44/65 QSO
        working Dave, W5UN, off the moon.

        So, perseids here I come...

        73 Chris Cox, N0UK email: chrisc@... or chrisc@...
        or chris@...