- My "Dance Card" is open for schedules 12/13 August on 2 and/or 222.Please reply direct for skeds. Would really like to try some long 222 Q's (1200-1400mi )73 - John W5UWB EL17ax
- Anyone happen to know when this shower starts? I know most showers
last more than one day although the increased daily counts drop faster
than they start. Not much luck with Google....
- wa1vta01452 schrieb:
> Anyone happen to know when this shower starts? I know most showersHi Tom,
> last more than one day although the increased daily counts drop faster
> than they start. Not much luck with Google....
Perseids start in end JULY and have a maximum
on 12 and 13 august - have a look at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php (mid of the page)
Have good results on the shower
kind regards, sincerely
73 de D L 8 E B W Guido (Guy)
qrv from JO31NF for VHF-DX: MS & EME
RIG: IC275H 2*12elM2 750W ATF-Preamp
A Team-Member of MMMonVHF DX Portal
- "Dance Card" still open for skeds 13 August (UTC).Looking for 144/222 1200+ miles.Reply direct please.73 - John W5UWB EL17ax
Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.
I’ve never done it before but I’m willing to try. FSK441 on 2M (freq ?) using WSJT. Hardware will be my satellite array – FT-847 delivering 50 watts to M2 circularly polarized yagi – elevation ? , azimuth ? I’m in EM56jl, NW TN.
If this setup isn’t going to do it, then just let me know.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of w5uwb2@...
Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:09 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; vhf@...
Subject: [wsjtgroup] Perseids
This will be my first shower and was wondering if someone could
explain what to expect. I know the max will be 8/12-13. Before then,
will we see gradually improving conditions? During the max, are there
any special operating procedures or events?
I just get on pingjockey.net and coordinate with people from there.
Quoting "billdz.geo" <billdz.geo@...>:
> This will be my first shower and was wondering if someone could
> explain what to expect. I know the max will be 8/12-13. Before then,
> will we see gradually improving conditions? During the max, are there
> any special operating procedures or events?
> Bill NZ5N
> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> Activity Periods http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/
> NAHSMS Contest Page http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm
> Yahoo! Groups Links
- In my experience, Bill, focussing on these these major showers (Perseids,
Leonids, etc) is somewhat folly when using high speed meteor scatter
techniques, whether that's FSK441, high speed CW, or whatever else. They
are more beneficial for traditional slow speed MS usage (rapid-break SSB
and handsent CW). The burns tend to be notably longer, lasting several to
tens of seconds where you can often make several separate complete
contacts in each burn and the 30 or 60 second sequences used in high speed
techniques then actually tend to hinder rather than help.
Having said that, they can be useful for making possible the really long
haul MS contacts (at or beyond 1400 miles or so) or when trying to
complete contacts on frequency bands above two metres.
The above holds true IMHO at least during the peak of the shower.
I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here but high speed MS techniques such
as FSK441 and HSCW are most effective during the other 350+ days of the
year when there aren't any major showers in effect. You really can work
REAL DX on 144MHz via meteor scatter every day of the year. Admittedly
the Winter doldrums from January to early April can be challenging, but
still doable with even a modest VHF station.
73 Chris Cox, N0UK email: chrisc@... or chrisc@...
Home Page: http://WWW.BritishCarAndDriver.Com http://www.pingjockey.net
Don't Believe Everything You Think.
- Dance card still has open slots for 2 meters and 222 (preferred) on 12 August.If interested drop a note and I will check schedule vs best time for a given path.2: 21 el and 1500w222: 17el and 1500wmodes: wsjt441 (preferred), SSB and CW73 - John W5UWb EL17ax
Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.
- Looking for anyone to try 222 for the Perseids.State/grid of no concern. Lets keep DX to 1400mi or less.Here: 17el at 54' and 1500w73 - John W5UWB EL17ax