Re: WSJT 5.9.5

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 4, 2006
      Dear WSJT users,

      I write to remind you of the service provided by Guido, DL8EBW, in
      maintaining a callsign database of active weak-signal VHF/UHF stations,
      worldwide. You can download his latest CALL3.TXT file (in zipped form)
      from http://www.dl8ebw.de/DATABASE/database.html.

      The file distributed with WSJT 5.9.5 is an earlier one.

      These widely distributed files are a good starting point, but you will
      probably be best served if you maintain your own CALL3.TXT file --
      keeping it up to date and adapted to your own location and your own
      special operating interests and habits.

      With best wishes,
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 8, 2006
        To: Users of WSJT
        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
        Subject: New User's Guide for WSJT6

        A new "WSJT6 User's Guide and Reference Manual" is now available at
        http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf. I hope you
        will find it informative and useful. Please print yourself a copy and
        keep it handy in your station!

        If you find errors in the manual, or have any suggestions for its
        improvement, please send them to me.

        WSJT users have been fortunate that past versions of the User's Guide
        were translated into French (by Stephan Matz, LX2SM), German (by Frank
        Bosse, DH7FB), Italian (by Giorgio Marchi, IK1UWL), Japanese (by
        Toshihisa Takahashi, JH1OQW), Polish (by Zdzislaw Bienkowski, SP6LB),
        Portuguese (by Pedro Namora, CT1EKD), Russian (by Dmitry Dmitriev,
        RA3AQ), Serbian (by Slobodan Bukvic, YU7XL), and Spanish (by Marc
        Franco, N2UO). I hope that similar efforts will be forthcoming for the
        current manual. If you would like to undertake a translation into
        another language, I will be happy to send you the original MS Word file
        for the English version.

        With best wishes,
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 9, 2006
          To: Users of WSJT
          From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
          Subject: WSJT6 User's Guide; Distribution File Update

          I have made a few additions and corrections to the new "WSJT6 User's
          Guide and reference Manual". The corrected file is available at

          http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

          I have also added the new User's Guide to the file that you download and
          execute to install WSJT, namely

          http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT595.EXE

          Future downloads and installations will therefore include the manual.

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 22, 2006
            To: Users of WSJT
            From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
            Subject: WSJT 5.9.6, r309

            WSJT Version 5.9.6, r309, is now available for free download from
            http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT596.EXE .

            The most important new feature is an expanded JT65 waterfall display
            that gives access to 5 kHz bandwidth if your receiver can provide it.
            This will be especially useful in EME contest operation and also at 1296
            MHz, where Doppler shifts can be relatively large.

            A more complete list of program changes is available at
            http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

            If you run a Debian Linux distribution, you can install WSJT with the
            command "apt-get install wsjt".

            If you would like to run WSJT under another Linux distribution or under
            FreeBSD, please contact the development group at
            wsjt-devel@... .

            As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or bad! -- on
            this new version of WSJT.
            -- 73, Joe, K1JT
          • dl8ebw@web.de
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 23, 2006
              Hi Joe,

              thanks a lot for the new issue - works all right here from the
              installation! NO PROBLEM occured! congrats again - will test the
              wide spectrum display next days in praxis...

              The LINK for download is fitted to MMM on VHF meantime:
              http://www.dl8ebw.de/ACTUAL/Expeditionen/expeditionen.html

              A new VHF-DATABASE (including new CALL3.TXT/2.30) will be issued
              begin of october also - so you will find infos as well at the page.

              kind regards, sincerely

              73 de D L 8 E B W Guido (Guy)
              JO31NF / DL66a VHF-DX-Group DL-West
              qrv VHF-DX: MS & EME in WSJT & HSCW

              Editor of the "FT-MS-SHOWER-LIST" and the
              "MS/EME/WSJT-VHF-DATABASEs" aswell as the
              [M]ake-[M]ore-[M]iles On VHF-Expeditionpage
              look: http://www.dl8ebw.de/Actual/actual.html
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                To: Users of WSJT
                From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
                Date: September 25, 2006
                Subject: WSJT manual

                I am happy to announce that a translation of the WSJT6 User's Guide and
                Reference Manual into Serbian has been done by Slobodan Bukvic, YU7XL.
                Bodan's translation joins those in Italian (by Giorgio Marchi, IK1UWL)
                and Russian (Ivan Aldashkin, RL3DO), already available on the WSJT home
                page.

                Click on http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/Documentation.htm to go
                directly to the page with links to WSJT documentation.
              • Russ K2TXB
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 24 5:44 PM
                  Happy holidays to all my friends on moon-net and on wsjt group.  For those of you who celebrate Christmas - Merry Christmas.  For the rest, have a wonderful holiday season.  Although I am no longer on the air and my station is dismembered and house up for sale, I will always remember the comraderie and spirit of brotherhood that you, my fellow moonbouncers and Ping Jockeys have blessed me and yourselves with.  Maybe someday I will be back on the air to complete my 2 meter DXCC (45 to go), or to increase my grid count via meteors or other means (about 45 needed to make 500).  In the meanwhile I wish each of you the best of luck and much satisfaction in your weak signal, MS, or EME endeavours - no matter what your goals are.

                  Very 73 to you all.

                  Russ K2TXB

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 4, 2007
                    To: Users of WSJT
                    From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                    Subject: WSJT 5.9.7 (r383)
                    Date: May 4, 2007

                    WSJT Version 5.9.7 (r383) is now available for free download
                    from the WSJT Home Page,
                    http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT. It should appear
                    soon on the European mirror site, http://www.dk5ya.de, as well.

                    Some of the changes from Version 5.9.6 (r309) are motivated
                    by the recent explosion of activity using JT65A on the HF
                    bands. Among the new features are band settings for all HF,
                    VHF, and UHF bands; a "Quick decode" menu item especially
                    useful for terrestrial QSOs; double-right-click on callsign
                    to produce Tx messages with callsigns and numerical signal
                    reports; and optional Tx frequency offset at the value of
                    Freeze DF.

                    A more complete list of program changes is available at
                    http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                    Installable binaries for Linux (in .deb and .rpm format)
                    will be available soon. WSJT also runs on FreeBSD and
                    Macintosh OS/X.

                    As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or
                    bad! -- on the new version of WSJT.

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 4, 2007
                      To: Users of WSJT
                      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                      Date: May 4, 2007

                      Sorry folks, I was too quick on the "send" button. A
                      corrected message follows.

                      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                      Installable binaries for Linux (in .deb and .rpm format)
                      will be available soon. WSJT also runs on FreeBSD and
                      Macintosh OS/X.

                      As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or
                      bad! -- on the new version of WSJT.

                      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
                    • Barry Garratt
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 24 8:13 PM
                        Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!

                        Cheers,

                        Barry VE3CDX/W7
                      • Jim Kennedy
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 24 10:13 PM

                          Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !!

                          Jim W6OUU

                          Connie WB6FYD

                          Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!

                          Cheers,

                          Barry VE3CDX/W7

                        • k4ymq
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 25 6:00 AM
                            Merry Christmas to all and my hopes and prayers to all for a healthy
                            and prosperous 2009.. May the bells of peace and freedom ring loud
                            and clear.
                            Ira
                            K4YMQ

                            --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Kennedy" <kennedyjp@...> wrote:

                            > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !!
                            >

                            > Jim W6OUU
                            >
                            > Connie WB6FYD

                            On
                            > Behalf Of Barry Garratt
                            > Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 4:13 AM
                            > To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com; pnwvhfs@...
                            > Subject: [wsjtgroup] Seasons Greetings
                            >

                            > Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!
                            >

                            > Cheers,
                            >

                            > Barry VE3CDX/W7

                          • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 24 4:51 AM