Re: WSJT 5.9.5

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 3, 2006
      To: Users of WSJT
      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
      Subject: WSJT 5.9.5, r236

      WSJT Version 5.9.5, r236, is now available for free download from
      http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT595.EXE.

      The most important change from previous versions is a significant
      improvement to the JT65 Deep Search decoder resulting in a big reduction
      in the number of false decodes. The decoder is also faster.

      Mode JT65C has been enhanced in other ways that make it more effective
      for 1296 MHz EME. VK7MO (2.3 m dish) tells me that he and VK4AFL (3.7 m
      dish) used it last night to make an easy QSO using 10 Watts at each end,
      with the Moon close to apogee.

      On your first program start-up using version 5.9.5, be sure to enter
      your correct PTT port number on the Setup | Options page. Under Linux
      or FreeBSD, enter the appropriate device name, for example /dev/ttyS0.

      An expanded list of additions, changes, and bug fixes is available at
      http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt.

      As always, the WSJT developers will be happy to receive your feedback on
      this new release. You can send email to me or to wsjt-devel@....

      A new WSJT manual is also in the works. I hope it will be available soon.
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 4, 2006
        Dear WSJT users,

        I write to remind you of the service provided by Guido, DL8EBW, in
        maintaining a callsign database of active weak-signal VHF/UHF stations,
        worldwide. You can download his latest CALL3.TXT file (in zipped form)
        from http://www.dl8ebw.de/DATABASE/database.html.

        The file distributed with WSJT 5.9.5 is an earlier one.

        These widely distributed files are a good starting point, but you will
        probably be best served if you maintain your own CALL3.TXT file --
        keeping it up to date and adapted to your own location and your own
        special operating interests and habits.

        With best wishes,
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 8, 2006
          To: Users of WSJT
          From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
          Subject: New User's Guide for WSJT6

          A new "WSJT6 User's Guide and Reference Manual" is now available at
          http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf. I hope you
          will find it informative and useful. Please print yourself a copy and
          keep it handy in your station!

          If you find errors in the manual, or have any suggestions for its
          improvement, please send them to me.

          WSJT users have been fortunate that past versions of the User's Guide
          were translated into French (by Stephan Matz, LX2SM), German (by Frank
          Bosse, DH7FB), Italian (by Giorgio Marchi, IK1UWL), Japanese (by
          Toshihisa Takahashi, JH1OQW), Polish (by Zdzislaw Bienkowski, SP6LB),
          Portuguese (by Pedro Namora, CT1EKD), Russian (by Dmitry Dmitriev,
          RA3AQ), Serbian (by Slobodan Bukvic, YU7XL), and Spanish (by Marc
          Franco, N2UO). I hope that similar efforts will be forthcoming for the
          current manual. If you would like to undertake a translation into
          another language, I will be happy to send you the original MS Word file
          for the English version.

          With best wishes,
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 9, 2006
            To: Users of WSJT
            From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
            Subject: WSJT6 User's Guide; Distribution File Update

            I have made a few additions and corrections to the new "WSJT6 User's
            Guide and reference Manual". The corrected file is available at

            http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

            I have also added the new User's Guide to the file that you download and
            execute to install WSJT, namely

            http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT595.EXE

            Future downloads and installations will therefore include the manual.

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 22, 2006
              To: Users of WSJT
              From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
              Subject: WSJT 5.9.6, r309

              WSJT Version 5.9.6, r309, is now available for free download from
              http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT596.EXE .

              The most important new feature is an expanded JT65 waterfall display
              that gives access to 5 kHz bandwidth if your receiver can provide it.
              This will be especially useful in EME contest operation and also at 1296
              MHz, where Doppler shifts can be relatively large.

              A more complete list of program changes is available at
              http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

              If you run a Debian Linux distribution, you can install WSJT with the
              command "apt-get install wsjt".

              If you would like to run WSJT under another Linux distribution or under
              FreeBSD, please contact the development group at
              wsjt-devel@... .

              As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or bad! -- on
              this new version of WSJT.
              -- 73, Joe, K1JT
            • dl8ebw@web.de
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 23, 2006
                Hi Joe,

                thanks a lot for the new issue - works all right here from the
                installation! NO PROBLEM occured! congrats again - will test the
                wide spectrum display next days in praxis...

                The LINK for download is fitted to MMM on VHF meantime:
                http://www.dl8ebw.de/ACTUAL/Expeditionen/expeditionen.html

                A new VHF-DATABASE (including new CALL3.TXT/2.30) will be issued
                begin of october also - so you will find infos as well at the page.

                kind regards, sincerely

                73 de D L 8 E B W Guido (Guy)
                JO31NF / DL66a VHF-DX-Group DL-West
                qrv VHF-DX: MS & EME in WSJT & HSCW

                Editor of the "FT-MS-SHOWER-LIST" and the
                "MS/EME/WSJT-VHF-DATABASEs" aswell as the
                [M]ake-[M]ore-[M]iles On VHF-Expeditionpage
                look: http://www.dl8ebw.de/Actual/actual.html
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                  To: Users of WSJT
                  From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
                  Date: September 25, 2006
                  Subject: WSJT manual

                  I am happy to announce that a translation of the WSJT6 User's Guide and
                  Reference Manual into Serbian has been done by Slobodan Bukvic, YU7XL.
                  Bodan's translation joins those in Italian (by Giorgio Marchi, IK1UWL)
                  and Russian (Ivan Aldashkin, RL3DO), already available on the WSJT home
                  page.

                  Click on http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/Documentation.htm to go
                  directly to the page with links to WSJT documentation.
                • Russ K2TXB
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 24, 2006
                    Happy holidays to all my friends on moon-net and on wsjt group.  For those of you who celebrate Christmas - Merry Christmas.  For the rest, have a wonderful holiday season.  Although I am no longer on the air and my station is dismembered and house up for sale, I will always remember the comraderie and spirit of brotherhood that you, my fellow moonbouncers and Ping Jockeys have blessed me and yourselves with.  Maybe someday I will be back on the air to complete my 2 meter DXCC (45 to go), or to increase my grid count via meteors or other means (about 45 needed to make 500).  In the meanwhile I wish each of you the best of luck and much satisfaction in your weak signal, MS, or EME endeavours - no matter what your goals are.

                    Very 73 to you all.

                    Russ K2TXB

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 4, 2007
                      To: Users of WSJT
                      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                      Subject: WSJT 5.9.7 (r383)
                      Date: May 4, 2007

                      WSJT Version 5.9.7 (r383) is now available for free download
                      from the WSJT Home Page,
                      http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT. It should appear
                      soon on the European mirror site, http://www.dk5ya.de, as well.

                      Some of the changes from Version 5.9.6 (r309) are motivated
                      by the recent explosion of activity using JT65A on the HF
                      bands. Among the new features are band settings for all HF,
                      VHF, and UHF bands; a "Quick decode" menu item especially
                      useful for terrestrial QSOs; double-right-click on callsign
                      to produce Tx messages with callsigns and numerical signal
                      reports; and optional Tx frequency offset at the value of
                      Freeze DF.

                      A more complete list of program changes is available at
                      http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                      Installable binaries for Linux (in .deb and .rpm format)
                      will be available soon. WSJT also runs on FreeBSD and
                      Macintosh OS/X.

                      As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or
                      bad! -- on the new version of WSJT.

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 4, 2007
                        To: Users of WSJT
                        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                        Date: May 4, 2007

                        Sorry folks, I was too quick on the "send" button. A
                        corrected message follows.

                        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                        Installable binaries for Linux (in .deb and .rpm format)
                        will be available soon. WSJT also runs on FreeBSD and
                        Macintosh OS/X.

                        As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or
                        bad! -- on the new version of WSJT.

                        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
                      • Barry Garratt
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 24, 2008
                          Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!

                          Cheers,

                          Barry VE3CDX/W7
                        • Jim Kennedy
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 24, 2008

                            Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !!

                            Jim W6OUU

                            Connie WB6FYD

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 25, 2008
                              Merry Christmas to all and my hopes and prayers to all for a healthy
                              and prosperous 2009.. May the bells of peace and freedom ring loud
                              and clear.
                              Ira
                              K4YMQ

                              --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Kennedy" <kennedyjp@...> wrote:

                              > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !!
                              >

                              > Jim W6OUU
                              >
                              > Connie WB6FYD

                              On
                              > Behalf Of Barry Garratt
                              > Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 4:13 AM
                              > To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com; pnwvhfs@...
                              > Subject: [wsjtgroup] Seasons Greetings
                              >

                              > Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!
                              >

                              > Cheers,
                              >

                              > Barry VE3CDX/W7

                            • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 24, 2009