Yaesu G-5500 AZ-EL Rotator

  • azranger58
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
      Hi all, I do not understand how to aim the antenna during installation
      of the rotator. The Yaesu manual says to clamp the rotator to the
      mast, AND install the center bolt so the rotator clamp will not twist
      around the mast. Then, set the desktop controller indicator to true
      north. Finally, aim the antenna at true north WITHOUT using the
      controller. How do I physically aim the antenna at north? The mast,
      rotator clamp, center bolt, and rotator are all physically bolted
      together! The ONLY part that will turn is the rotator by using the
      controller. Thanks.
    • Charles Miller
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
        Sounds like they have the sequence wrong. You have to physically turn
        the antenna mast in the rotator clamp before you secure it, in order to
        aim at north. If there is a bolt through the mast and clamp, you would
        have to drill the hole for that after you aim it north. Of course it
        might be possible to engineer it so you can do that on the ground before
        installation, if you know the final position of the rotor in the tower.

        73, Chuck N6KW