07/15/2006 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2006
      It looks like some were having Es getting in the way and/or trying JT6M
      for EU (with success) and some off getting ready for the CQ WW 'test
      last week, so few reports. I had a note from Wayne, N9EGT and he
      reports being out of action due to his IC-551 losing driver. Larry,
      WB9F is starting move to new qth and will also be out for a period as
      well. One more RH fan is also on the move. I had a nice note from
      John, KG4OLG in EM55 and he is also in the moving process to Topeka, KS
      so will be radioless for a spell as well (do I have that grid? - hi!).
      GL to all and we all hope to hear you again soon.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WA5UFH - Worked W0IOH
      KC0HLN - Zilch
      N5SIX - CWNR WA3LTB, nothing else heard

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WA5UFH - Worked K4CML and KE7NR, heard AF4O, WS4V and N5OSK
      (2 EU's worked JT6M prior to RH)
      K5CZD - Heard and tried AF4O
      KC0HLN - Worked KD5JGA and KE7NR, heard WS4V and KG7CN
      N5SIX - Heard KD5JGA WS4V and AF4O (b/s) then Es blew open and
      I tried my luck into EU (close but not complete with G4PCI)

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX