Re: [wsjtgroup] NEW WINTER RALLY RULES MULTI BAND VS. SINGLE BAND OPERATORS

  • Mike H
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2006
      Larry - a large motivation for the new rules is to address a growing
      concern that the rallys are becoming essentially 6-meter events. The
      committee wants to encourage activity on all the VHF bands.

      I disagree that the big guns have a decisive advantage in the rallys.
      You and others have proven that dedication and operator skill -- not
      mega-stations -- are the keys to getting high scores in meteor scatter
      contests.

      Your participaption is important and I hope we see you again in the
      December rally.

      Mike WB2FKO