FT-736R

  • John Kjos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      I think I asked once before, but I am looking for help in hooking my FT-736R
      for WSJT. I currently have a Rigblaster Pro that I use for 6 meter. I would
      like to have a something just for the 736, with a switch in place where I
      hookup to the sound card, so I could switch between the 2 radios. Any help
      would be appreciated. Thanks- John
      EMAIL: w9rpm@...
      WEBPAGE: http://www.w9rpm.com/
      AOL IM: W9RPM
    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
        John, I built a dual interface so I could interface one or two computers to
        two radios for sound card modes. It is not as simple as just switching the
        sound card as you need to switch audio input, audio output, and PTT (serial)
        lines. It is also important to provide isolation of the transmit audio
        circuits of the two radios from each other and from the computer(s). It is
        also a good idea to provide DC isolation of the PTT circuit. The schematic
        of my unit is available for download via ftp at:

        ftp://k2txb.com/interface/DualDigitalInterface.bmp

        Or use the following link for http download:

        http://k2txb.com/interface/DualDigitalInterface.bmp

        However the ftp site is not enabled for anonymous access and requires a
        password. It should be ok by sometime tonight or definitely tomorrow.

        This circuit allows for instant switching of any combination of two radios
        with one or two computers. For instance, with one radio you can receive on
        one computer and send with the other, receive and send with both radios at
        once (with 2 computers or 1 computer with dual sound cards), or receive with
        one radio to two computers at once. It also has circuitry for allowing you
        to use headphones to listen to the output of either or both computers with
        either earphone (or reverse), for SDR type applications. And there is a
        headphone input supplied so the direct output of the headphone jacks of both
        radios can be switched to either or both earpieces. Naturally you can
        eliminate any circuitry that you do not require. PTT switching is done via
        opto-darlington isolators, providing DC isolation and requiring no DC power
        to the box. LED transmit indicators are provided. Both receive and
        transmit audio is isolated from the computers via cheap, radio shack, line
        transformers. And audio level controls are provided for each transmit
        channel.

        This image is a fairly high resolution (150 dpi) file and is about 5
        megabytes. This allows you to zoom the image for closer detail. If you do
        not have a high bandwidth connection and are unwilling to download such a
        large file I can provide a lower resolution image on request. Please let me
        know if you have any trouble downloading this file.

        Hope this helps,

        73, Russ K2TXB

      • Roger Schneider
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2013