Field Day / Random Hour Sessions

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4 12:18 PM
      During Field Day weekend, the WSJTGROUP is adding two extra Random Hour
      sessions. This will help those stations who are planning to make WSJT
      demonstrations.

      FD Weekend Random Hour Activity Periods:
      Saturday June 24th
      13:00 - 15:00 UTC
      18:00 - 20:00 UTC
      Sunday June 25th
      13:00 - 15:00 UTC

      Larry (WB9F), when available will make the normal random hour announcements
      on the Ping Jockey page. We recommend that stations planning on making FD
      contacts or Demonstrations post their information to the reflector prior to
      FD and use their Grid Square for the report.

      These added sessions should give opportunity to work some new initials for
      the Random QSO Award. Remember the same call in a different grid qualifies
      as a new initial. Listen for those who are demonstrating WSJT and give them
      a contact!

      All stations, especially FD Demo stations please report your activity to
      Larry so it can be included in the Random Hour Weekly Report.

      Have fun...

      Random Hour Moderators
      Larry WB9F; Terry (WA3LTB); Bruce (N5SIX); Randy (WA5UFH)
    • Lee Scott - AA1YN
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4 4:34 PM
        Hi Randy,

        Might I suggest you make this sched also for the VHF contest(s).

        Lee - AA1YN

        At 02:18 PM 6/4/2006 -0500, Randy Tipton wrote:
        >During Field Day weekend, the WSJTGROUP is adding two extra Random Hour
        >sessions. This will help those stations who are planning to make WSJT
        >demonstrations.
        >
        >FD Weekend Random Hour Activity Periods:
        >Saturday June 24th
        >13:00 - 15:00 UTC
        >18:00 - 20:00 UTC
        >Sunday June 25th
        >13:00 - 15:00 UTC
        >
        >Larry (WB9F), when available will make the normal random hour announcements
        >on the Ping Jockey page. We recommend that stations planning on making FD
        >contacts or Demonstrations post their information to the reflector prior to
        >FD and use their Grid Square for the report.
        >
        >These added sessions should give opportunity to work some new initials for
        >the Random QSO Award. Remember the same call in a different grid qualifies
        >as a new initial. Listen for those who are demonstrating WSJT and give them
        >a contact!
        >
        >All stations, especially FD Demo stations please report your activity to
        >Larry so it can be included in the Random Hour Weekly Report.
        >
        >Have fun...
        >
        >Random Hour Moderators
        >Larry WB9F; Terry (WA3LTB); Bruce (N5SIX); Randy (WA5UFH)
        >

        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:
        >
        >Activity Periods http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/
        >NAHSMS Contest Page http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
        Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
        Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com
        Hooksett, NH
        FN43gc52
      • Randy Tipton

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22 7:32 PM
            Tip and fellow ping jockeys. Bruce, N5SIX; Art, KD5GGL and brand new
            ham Neil, KE5ITZ will be operating 6 and 2m station for the Jackson
            (Mississippi) ARC. We will be using the club call W5PFC and in EM42. 6
            ele LP and 150w for 6m and 10 ele and 150w for 2m on trailer tower
            raised to about 60-70 feet. I plan to be on Sunday morning RH session
            for sure and if Es not about and we are setup, we'll be on at 1800z Sat
            as well.

            If you would like a sked, pse email me no later than early Sat AM.

            Bruce, N5SIX