Random Hour and Field Day

  • LARRY
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Bob, you brought up some very good ideas in regard to Field Day and
      Meteor Scatter demos and activity.

      If you read the RQA rules it states the following:

      Creditable contacts should use (1) Propagation mode Meteor Scatter
      (2) WSJT Modes FSK441 or JT6M .Only Initial Random contacts qualify.
      Dates January 1, 2004 or later are creditable for the award. Random
      contacts submitted must be completions during (1) Saturday Random
      Hours
      (2) WSJTGROUP Fall / Winter Sprints (3) WSJTGROUP Sponsored Contests
      (4) ARRL January or September Sweepstakes and
      (5) Random Contacts made during Field Day that qualify as a
      Demonstration. All random contacts must meet the following minimum
      exchange requirements
      of (1)Both Calls (2) Reports and (3) Rogers using the recommended
      Random Hour formats. (see the Random Hour Manual)

      After reading this my conclusion is more or less RH is the whole
      field day time period. Maybe Tip can confirm that.

      I wasnt aware of the random contact rule on field day until I
      just read this a few moments ago and Im sure there are others as
      well.

      I agree that demos of WSJT during Field Day is great way of exposing
      the fun of MS work. Maybe a special session is needed on Sunday
      morning or the wee hours of night.

      Im sure the WSJT Group may have some ideas to enhance MS exposure
      during field day.

      73 Larry WB9F