Re: [wsjtgroup] Rally Results

  • Mike H
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2006

      > How was the "assisted activity"?

      From my perspective west of the Rockies, activity was very poor. I
      dedicated about 30 hours to the rally and was able to schedule just
      three attempts on 2-m, completing two QSOs. I spent most of my time
      monitoring PJ for someone in range and calling CQ on 144.140 to no
      avail. My impression is that the emphasis is now largely focused on 6-m.

      I have been an active participant in the last eight rallys dating back
      to December, 2002 and this was by far my least successful experience.

      Mike WB2FKO in DM65
      2-m only, 4 points
    • n6enu
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2006
        Randy,

        I was quite surprised by the activity level. Here in the Far West
        running unassisted on 2m only I received no responses to my 20 hours of CQ.

        I spent just under 20 hours calling CQ and many more hours monitoring
        during both evenings and mornings.

        What was surprising is that in every rally since December 2002 I have
        heard at least one other station calling CQ.

        Activity was definitely reduced in the West.

        --
        John Milligan
        N6ENU