Rally Results

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2006
      My Rally operating time was limited but what time we got on was fun. Thanks
      to all the stations who spent some time working me. I was somewhat surprised
      by my contacts types...

      15 QSO's were answering CQ's ...
      7 QSO's were two meters contacts moved from six meters...
      1 QSO via station tail-ending my contact
      4 QSO's were actually someone answering my CQ!

      (8 Contacts were with "Rover / Mobile" stations...)

      That just seems out of proportion and I did spend lots of time calling CQ
      using the "off-set" method but had only "4" return my CQ call.

      Guys don't forget to submit your logs; I will get mine in soon.

      How was the "assisted activity"?

      Tip
      WA5UFH
    • Mike H
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2006

        > How was the "assisted activity"?

        From my perspective west of the Rockies, activity was very poor. I
        dedicated about 30 hours to the rally and was able to schedule just
        three attempts on 2-m, completing two QSOs. I spent most of my time
        monitoring PJ for someone in range and calling CQ on 144.140 to no
        avail. My impression is that the emphasis is now largely focused on 6-m.

        I have been an active participant in the last eight rallys dating back
        to December, 2002 and this was by far my least successful experience.

        Mike WB2FKO in DM65
        2-m only, 4 points
      • n6enu
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2006
          Randy,

          I was quite surprised by the activity level. Here in the Far West
          running unassisted on 2m only I received no responses to my 20 hours of CQ.

          I spent just under 20 hours calling CQ and many more hours monitoring
          during both evenings and mornings.

          What was surprising is that in every rally since December 2002 I have
          heard at least one other station calling CQ.

          Activity was definitely reduced in the West.

          --
          John Milligan
          N6ENU