SH Tone problem back

  • ab3bk
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2006
      Hello, remember my problem with the SH tones having a "buzz" sound to
      them? Well, they went normal for a short time, but are now back to
      buzzing. Like I said before, all the generated test tones are fine.
      Only the SH tones(R26 RRR 73)are doing this. I tried re-installing
      WSJT6 three times, checked audio properties etc. Nothing is working to
      get them sounding normal. Everything else in the program is fine.
      Heres the kicker. Out of curiosity, I downloaded version 4.9.8, and
      low and behold, the SH tones sound perfect. What is going on? What
      difference is my PC seeing between the SH tones on each version?

      Thanks
      Dave AB3BK