Windows XP problem

  • Terry Hosack
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23 7:18 AM
      Hello All,

      Well I just upgraded my laptop , (IBM Thinkpad) from Windows 98 to
      Windows XP and now have encountered the problem of a com port being stuck
      in xmit upon computer booting up! I guess the RTS and DTR lines are
      starting in high state when computer starts up. So I have tried several
      things to correct this.....First I uninstalled the com ports then
      rebooted the computer hoping that when the drivers were reinstalled, ect
      things might work, but no luck there. Then I downloaded windows XP
      updates and tried that but no luck with that either. Does anyone know of
      a fix for this problem, I know there is Fixcom but that is for Windows ME
      and 2000 I think and don't know what else might work.
      Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

      73's
      Terry
      WA3LTB
    • Terry Hosack
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24 2:14 PM
        Thanks to all that sent me suggestions about my com port problem in
        Windows XP! It's so nice to have a group that is so knowledgeable and
        willing to help others. The problem was fixed by updating the BIOS in my
        laptop. The BIOS update from IBM was specifically to fix the com port
        problem so I am glad there was a solution to the problem!

        73's
        Terry
        WA3LTB