WA5UFH Rally Plans...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2006
      Don't forget April 29th is the start of the NAHSMS Rally. Below are my plans
      for the Rally...

      WA5UFH Rally Plans...

      I will operate unassisted | multiband | low power.

      I hope to hear more CQ's this time on two meters. I recommend assisted
      stations taking advantage of the two Random Hour sessions on Saturdays for
      extra points!

      During scheduled Random Hours, I will focus on two meters. I plan to use two
      meters during the entire two hours on Saturdays if there is activity!

      When calling CQ's we will use the Up | Dn offset method. On six meters we
      will probably use CQU12 and two meters CQD8. These frequencies could change
      due to what activity dictates.

      If we end up on a shared frequency and we decode your pings I will always
      attempt to tail-end your contact so stick around if you have heard me.

      I will listen for CQ's on 50.260 and 144.140 MHz. I have no plans to make
      contacts on the calling frequency except for stations not using the off-set
      method.

      If pings are plentiful I will stick with Random Hour Messages during
      contacts. Even when off the calling frequencies I do not plan on using sh
      messages unless it appears the contact is in jeopardy. By sticking to
      Random Hour messages I can easily slip in a "QSY" request.

      During six meter contacts, if I know you have two meters, please listen as I
      will request a qsy on six meters. Please listen for my QSY request after RRR
      is received or with the RRR or 73 messages. I will send something like <QSY
      .123> instead of 73 or XXX RRR .123

      If there are stations that need EL19 that meet the distance requirement we
      are happy to make a few schedules. Please email me if interested at
      wa5ufh@...

      There is not much rocket science in my planning. I would be interested in
      hearing other strategies; maybe I can steal a point or two. Hi

      Tip
      WA5UFH