Frustrated Newbie

  • ken_zurawski
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2006
      Can't figure this one out. 4.9.8 works fine. But both 5.9.3 and 5.9.4
      both give me the same problem. My input sampling ratio down in the
      lower left corner of the main display always reads something like
      4.3535 and my output sampling ratio number is always normal 0.9999 or
      so. I did the thing where I typed in 4.3535 in the rate in box in the
      options menu but doesnt do anything. After typing this number in the
      options box, should the number in the lower left change closer to
      1.000? It doesnt.
      Overall symptom is the specjt green line scrolls across the screen in
      like 5 seconds not 30, and no scrolling in main window.
      Am using a 2 year old Dell with sound card Dell provides.
      Why does 4.9.8 work?
      Can someone help me out?
      Thanks
      Ken
      WB9QDL in Colorado
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006
        Ken --

        Why, indeed, does 4.9.8 work but 5.9+ refuse to work on your machine?
        Darned if I know. I have not heard from anyone else with a similar problem.

        The sampling ratio numbers are useful for correcting small errors, say
        in the 1 percent range; but your problem is clearly something different.
        Have you checked to see whether there is an update for the sound card
        driver?
        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      • w5uwb2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2006
          Replace the SB series sound card with a Turtle Beach low end card, i.e. The Riveria.

          73 - John  W5UWB