WSJT 5.9.4

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 11, 2006
      To: Users of WSJT
      From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
      Subject: WSJT 5.9.4, r159

      WSJT Version 5.9.4, r159, is now available for free download from
      http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT594.EXE. If none of the
      problems listed below has bothered you with version 5.9.3, there is
      little reason to upgrade at this time.

      The following list of changes is extracted from
      http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt.

      As always, the WSJT developers will be happy to receive your feedback on
      this new release.
      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      Changes in WSJT 5.9.4 (r159): April 11, 2006

      This is a maintenance release.

      1. Problems exhibited on some computers with dual or "hyperthreading"
      CPUs have been fixed (or at least reduced, see below).

      2. Problems with reading previously recorded files (such as the sample
      files in the WSJT tutorial) have been fixed.

      3. Bad data could cause an error message "Error in KV decoder, or no
      KV decoder present" in the console window. Fixed.

      4. The delay between PTT assertion and start of Tx Audio, and the
      delay between end of Tx Audio and release of PTT, have been increased
      by 0.2 s. In addition, a bug in the T/R timing logic was fixed.

      5. There was a minor bug in computing the position of the moon. (The
      displayed Az and El of the "home station" were correct for a time 100
      seconds earlier than the actual time.) This has been fixed. In
      addition, refraction adjustments are no longer made in the Sun and
      Moon elevations.

      6. A minor bug when displaying large negative Doppler shifts in the
      file azel.dat has been fixed.

      7. As an aid to future development of WSJT, the program is now capable
      of transmitting "test files" with arbitrary audio content.

      NOTE: If you have a computer with multiple CPUs or a CPU with
      hyperthreading, and if WSJT 5.9.4 does not run properly for you,
      please reboot your machine, enter the BIOS Setup screen, disable
      hyperthreading, and see if WSJT then runs properly. Then let me know
      the results of this test. Note: you will probably notice very little
      (if any) degradation in performance by leaving hyperthreading turned
      off. For now, this is the recommended procedure if you have problems
      with it turned on.
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 3, 2006
        To: Users of WSJT
        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
        Subject: WSJT 5.9.5, r236

        WSJT Version 5.9.5, r236, is now available for free download from
        http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT595.EXE.

        The most important change from previous versions is a significant
        improvement to the JT65 Deep Search decoder resulting in a big reduction
        in the number of false decodes. The decoder is also faster.

        Mode JT65C has been enhanced in other ways that make it more effective
        for 1296 MHz EME. VK7MO (2.3 m dish) tells me that he and VK4AFL (3.7 m
        dish) used it last night to make an easy QSO using 10 Watts at each end,
        with the Moon close to apogee.

        On your first program start-up using version 5.9.5, be sure to enter
        your correct PTT port number on the Setup | Options page. Under Linux
        or FreeBSD, enter the appropriate device name, for example /dev/ttyS0.

        An expanded list of additions, changes, and bug fixes is available at
        http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt.

        As always, the WSJT developers will be happy to receive your feedback on
        this new release. You can send email to me or to wsjt-devel@....

        A new WSJT manual is also in the works. I hope it will be available soon.
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 4, 2006
          Dear WSJT users,

          I write to remind you of the service provided by Guido, DL8EBW, in
          maintaining a callsign database of active weak-signal VHF/UHF stations,
          worldwide. You can download his latest CALL3.TXT file (in zipped form)
          from http://www.dl8ebw.de/DATABASE/database.html.

          The file distributed with WSJT 5.9.5 is an earlier one.

          These widely distributed files are a good starting point, but you will
          probably be best served if you maintain your own CALL3.TXT file --
          keeping it up to date and adapted to your own location and your own
          special operating interests and habits.

          With best wishes,
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 8, 2006
            To: Users of WSJT
            From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
            Subject: New User's Guide for WSJT6

            A new "WSJT6 User's Guide and Reference Manual" is now available at
            http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf. I hope you
            will find it informative and useful. Please print yourself a copy and
            keep it handy in your station!

            If you find errors in the manual, or have any suggestions for its
            improvement, please send them to me.

            WSJT users have been fortunate that past versions of the User's Guide
            were translated into French (by Stephan Matz, LX2SM), German (by Frank
            Bosse, DH7FB), Italian (by Giorgio Marchi, IK1UWL), Japanese (by
            Toshihisa Takahashi, JH1OQW), Polish (by Zdzislaw Bienkowski, SP6LB),
            Portuguese (by Pedro Namora, CT1EKD), Russian (by Dmitry Dmitriev,
            RA3AQ), Serbian (by Slobodan Bukvic, YU7XL), and Spanish (by Marc
            Franco, N2UO). I hope that similar efforts will be forthcoming for the
            current manual. If you would like to undertake a translation into
            another language, I will be happy to send you the original MS Word file
            for the English version.

            With best wishes,
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 9, 2006
              To: Users of WSJT
              From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
              Subject: WSJT6 User's Guide; Distribution File Update

              I have made a few additions and corrections to the new "WSJT6 User's
              Guide and reference Manual". The corrected file is available at

              http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_User_600.pdf

              I have also added the new User's Guide to the file that you download and
              execute to install WSJT, namely

              http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT595.EXE

              Future downloads and installations will therefore include the manual.

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 22, 2006
                To: Users of WSJT
                From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                Subject: WSJT 5.9.6, r309

                WSJT Version 5.9.6, r309, is now available for free download from
                http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT596.EXE .

                The most important new feature is an expanded JT65 waterfall display
                that gives access to 5 kHz bandwidth if your receiver can provide it.
                This will be especially useful in EME contest operation and also at 1296
                MHz, where Doppler shifts can be relatively large.

                A more complete list of program changes is available at
                http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                If you run a Debian Linux distribution, you can install WSJT with the
                command "apt-get install wsjt".

                If you would like to run WSJT under another Linux distribution or under
                FreeBSD, please contact the development group at
                wsjt-devel@... .

                As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or bad! -- on
                this new version of WSJT.
                -- 73, Joe, K1JT
              • dl8ebw@web.de
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 23, 2006
                  Hi Joe,

                  thanks a lot for the new issue - works all right here from the
                  installation! NO PROBLEM occured! congrats again - will test the
                  wide spectrum display next days in praxis...

                  The LINK for download is fitted to MMM on VHF meantime:
                  http://www.dl8ebw.de/ACTUAL/Expeditionen/expeditionen.html

                  A new VHF-DATABASE (including new CALL3.TXT/2.30) will be issued
                  begin of october also - so you will find infos as well at the page.

                  kind regards, sincerely

                  73 de D L 8 E B W Guido (Guy)
                  JO31NF / DL66a VHF-DX-Group DL-West
                  qrv VHF-DX: MS & EME in WSJT & HSCW

                  Editor of the "FT-MS-SHOWER-LIST" and the
                  "MS/EME/WSJT-VHF-DATABASEs" aswell as the
                  [M]ake-[M]ore-[M]iles On VHF-Expeditionpage
                  look: http://www.dl8ebw.de/Actual/actual.html
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 25, 2006
                    To: Users of WSJT
                    From: Joe Taylor, K1JT
                    Date: September 25, 2006
                    Subject: WSJT manual

                    I am happy to announce that a translation of the WSJT6 User's Guide and
                    Reference Manual into Serbian has been done by Slobodan Bukvic, YU7XL.
                    Bodan's translation joins those in Italian (by Giorgio Marchi, IK1UWL)
                    and Russian (Ivan Aldashkin, RL3DO), already available on the WSJT home
                    page.

                    Click on http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/Documentation.htm to go
                    directly to the page with links to WSJT documentation.
                  • Russ K2TXB
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 24, 2006
                      Happy holidays to all my friends on moon-net and on wsjt group.  For those of you who celebrate Christmas - Merry Christmas.  For the rest, have a wonderful holiday season.  Although I am no longer on the air and my station is dismembered and house up for sale, I will always remember the comraderie and spirit of brotherhood that you, my fellow moonbouncers and Ping Jockeys have blessed me and yourselves with.  Maybe someday I will be back on the air to complete my 2 meter DXCC (45 to go), or to increase my grid count via meteors or other means (about 45 needed to make 500).  In the meanwhile I wish each of you the best of luck and much satisfaction in your weak signal, MS, or EME endeavours - no matter what your goals are.

                      Very 73 to you all.

                      Russ K2TXB

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 4, 2007
                        To: Users of WSJT
                        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                        Subject: WSJT 5.9.7 (r383)
                        Date: May 4, 2007

                        WSJT Version 5.9.7 (r383) is now available for free download
                        from the WSJT Home Page,
                        http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT. It should appear
                        soon on the European mirror site, http://www.dk5ya.de, as well.

                        Some of the changes from Version 5.9.6 (r309) are motivated
                        by the recent explosion of activity using JT65A on the HF
                        bands. Among the new features are band settings for all HF,
                        VHF, and UHF bands; a "Quick decode" menu item especially
                        useful for terrestrial QSOs; double-right-click on callsign
                        to produce Tx messages with callsigns and numerical signal
                        reports; and optional Tx frequency offset at the value of
                        Freeze DF.

                        A more complete list of program changes is available at
                        http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                        Installable binaries for Linux (in .deb and .rpm format)
                        will be available soon. WSJT also runs on FreeBSD and
                        Macintosh OS/X.

                        As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or
                        bad! -- on the new version of WSJT.

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 4, 2007
                          To: Users of WSJT
                          From: Joe Taylor, K1JT (for the WSJT Development Group)
                          Date: May 4, 2007

                          Sorry folks, I was too quick on the "send" button. A
                          corrected message follows.

                          http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/UpdateHistory.txt .

                          Installable binaries for Linux (in .deb and .rpm format)
                          will be available soon. WSJT also runs on FreeBSD and
                          Macintosh OS/X.

                          As always, we would like to have your feedback -- good or
                          bad! -- on the new version of WSJT.

                          -- 73, Joe, K1JT
                        • Barry Garratt
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 24, 2008
                            Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!

                            Cheers,

                            Barry VE3CDX/W7
                          • Jim Kennedy
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 24, 2008

                              Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !!

                              Jim W6OUU

                              Connie WB6FYD

                              Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!

                              Cheers,

                              Barry VE3CDX/W7

                            • k4ymq
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 25, 2008
                                Merry Christmas to all and my hopes and prayers to all for a healthy
                                and prosperous 2009.. May the bells of peace and freedom ring loud
                                and clear.
                                Ira
                                K4YMQ

                                --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Kennedy" <kennedyjp@...> wrote:

                                > Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !!
                                >

                                > Jim W6OUU
                                >
                                > Connie WB6FYD

                                On
                                > Behalf Of Barry Garratt
                                > Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 4:13 AM
                                > To: wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com; pnwvhfs@...
                                > Subject: [wsjtgroup] Seasons Greetings
                                >

                                > Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!
                                >

                                > Cheers,
                                >

                                > Barry VE3CDX/W7

                              • Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 24, 2009