Re: [wsjtgroup] TX SH tones not good

  • Chris Cox, N0UK
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2006
      My first guess is that you have a ground loop (the 50/60Hz is mixing with
      the desired frequencies).

      How do you have the radio interfaced to the computer?

      73 Chris Cox, N0UK email: chrisc@... or chrisc@...
      or chris@...
      Home Page: http://WWW.BritishCarAndDriver.Com http://www.pingjockey.net
      MC04 IB/W "ALICE"++++ db+a l+ r+B wW cB+MSa+++sPV+++ CR++CC pS-W- ma+R#$
      g--- M2m++ MUm PtT-I+++i+i++m---M-Ss---W+wB++

      Come and join us here in Bloomington, Minnesota, home of the Mall of
      America, July 27 & 28, 2006 for the 40th annual Central States VHF
      Society Conference which will be hosted once again by the NLRS.

      On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, ab3bk wrote:

      > Hi guys. Still setting up new PC here and new version WSJT. When I
      > send the SH tones R26 RRR and 73, they are not clean. They sound just
      > like a referee's whistle. Sort of a high speed warble. I tried
      > restarting and checked all PC sound settings. The program does it with
      > no RF too, so I ruled out RF interference. Also, the test tones are
      > fine, just the SH do this. Any idieas?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Dave AB3BK

    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
        Dave, you can get that effect if your receiver is not muted during transmit.
        Like if you were using a separate receiver. The audio from the receiver
        feeds back into the sound card and then is fed to the output channel, where
        is beats against the generated tones, causing the warble. Don't know if
        that is what you are hearing but thought I'd mention it.

        73, Russ K2TXB