RE: [wsjtgroup] 570D Question

  • Russ K2TXB
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2006
      Danny, I'd suggest a thorough realignment of the TS-570. The problem you
      speak of is likely caused by an oscillator that has drifted in frequency
      enough to put the desired signal to one side of the sideband filter. This
      will affect transmit as well as receive, so that your transmitted voice
      signal will sound bassy or mushy, and the WSJT high tones will be rolled off
      resulting in poor detection by receiving stations.

      Another possibility is that some component value in your audio output stage
      has drastically changed. Studying the schematic should reveal likely
      suspects.

      You will need the service manual for the radio, and some test equipment - at
      least a frequency counter and a volt meter to properly align the oscillators
      and filters. If you are not experienced in using this equipment then I'd
      suggest enlisting the help of someone who is.

      Hope this helps,

      73 - Russ K2TXB