Caveat emptor or my N-connector purchase

  • Greg Tomerlin - K4KO
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      Hey guys,

      While I have my pencil sharpened, I thought I would pass on my recent experience
      with one of amateur radio's online vendors.

      CAUTION: When buying items from Bill at wb0w.com be sure to ask him their
      current price.

      After ordering two 10-packs of N-connectors from Bill, I was surprised to find
      that he charged me more than double his advertised price. When I asked him
      about it he simply said, "The web site has not been updated." Nothing more.
      That was his entire explanation. I waited for him to continue, but that's all
      he said. So I asked what the current individual N-connector price was. He
      said, "More than $5.00." Again, nothing more.

      Now I understand this type of thing happens, but he offered nothing in the way
      of an apology, nor did he explain why he charged more than double his advertised
      price. That is unacceptable in my book.

      This was my first purchase from wb0w.com and it will be my last. Had Bill been
      more forthcoming with an explanation, or had he apologized for the error, I
      would have accepted it and continued to do business with him when he was
      competitive. It's probably not the best way to do business, but I chose
      wb0w.com for this purchase because they advertised the best price for the items
      I wanted. As it turns out, I paid more for what I purchased than necessary.
      That's what I get for assuming the advertised price was correct and not asking
      the actual price when I placed my order. I won't make that mistake again. And
      wb0w.com won't make it with me again either.

      73 Greg Tomerlin K4KO
      EM66ud - Tennessee

      .
    • phbjr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
        Greg et al,

            I highly recommend The RF Connection at the link below.  You'll have to call on the 'phone - they have no *secure* on-line ordering - but they ship fast and are very easy to deal with.  They also have just about the biggest selection I've ever seen and in my experience their on-line catalog prices are what you pay; in fact, a couple of times I've found their actual price to be a tad lower than advertised.

            73,

            Paul, K4MSG

        Paul Bock, K4MSG FM19ee
        50/144/432 MHz
        DOS #366

        There is sometimes a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

        Visit Paul & Sandra's home page at
        http://hometown.aol.com/phbjr/myhomepage/profile.html