JT44 Sun and moon data problem

  • ecoblue_divers <ecoblue_divers@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
      I was looking at the sun and moon data when in JT44 and noticed it is
      incorrect. I have set up my location correctly in the option menu but
      at 9:49pm it is showing that the sun has an elevation of 20.72
      degrees (not likely considering it is dark out), the moon is shown as
      276 degrees with an EL of 1.81. My other prediction program showns
      the sun El of -53 degrees (beleivable) and the moon at 85 degrees
      with an El of -1.8 degrees (moon is really not visible). Anyone know
      why this is? Is the parm I need to set to get it to read properly?

      73
      Scott, K9PO
    • Rex Moncur
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
        Hi Scott

        Have you set the correct UTC offset in "Setup" "options" in relation to your local computer time?

        73 Rex VK7MO

      • Arthur Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
          I am only guessing.
          From what you indicated, your UTC OFFSET in the "Station Parameters"
          has been set at MINUS 6 HOURS. IT SHOULD BE "POSITIVE 6".

          From checking another moon tracker to your grid (EN52), it is in line
          with 15:49 UTC January 22. That is 6 hours less than your stated CST
          time. Should be six hours more.

          The clock reading on WSJT should also be off to confirm it.
          If this ain't it, then you computer clock date and time settings must
          be the culprit.

          Good Luck
          Art

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2003
            --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rex Moncur" <Rex_Moncur@b...>
            wrote:
            > Hi Scott
            >
            > Have you set the correct UTC offset in "Setup" "options" in
            relation to your local computer time?

            > 73 Rex VK7MO

            Yes