RE: PC hesitates on TX...? & more info.

  • Andy GD0TEP
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hi Russ & group.

      OK, here's more information regarding this TX hesitation problem.

      The PC was built by me purely for WSJT, and no other reason. Windows XP home
      was used for the operating system, and, although it was connected to the
      internet for all the usual software updates, it doesn't reside on any
      network. The only other software running on the PC is WSJT.

      Time keeping is a manual thing, i.e. I check the time and set it as best as
      I can, there's no auto update checked on the time settings.

      I can't figure out why this hesitation happens... So, in light of this
      problem, and a un-resolved problem (un-resolved by me!) between WSJT and my
      RigExpert, I have now tried (this afternoon) moving to version 5.9.3 of WSJT
      and, I first tried using a Sound Blaster Live card, but for some strange
      reason, I can't get the card to accept the incoming sound from the radio,
      outgoing is fine. So, I've pulled the S.B. and I've enabled the on board
      RealTek AC'97 sound card.

      My question this time is 'how good is the AC'97 sound card for JT65 on EME'
      ?? Anyone know the answer to that one? Any info appreciated.
      Thanks in advance.

      Andy
      http://gd0tep.com