Dell C600/C610 WSJT and COM problem

  • Harry Popov
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006
      Hi All,

      We had problem with PTT via COM port on Dell C600 notebook. WSJT and
      several other programs could not switch PTT line connected on the serial
      COM port. This happened with Windows XP. As W2K worked we wanted to find
      solution of this problem.

      Updating on the last BIOS solved the problem. This was tested by:

      LZ2AB on Dell C600 notebook with WinXP.
      LZ3NY on Dell C610 notebook with WinXP.
      HA5CRX on both Dell C600 and C610 notebooks with WinXP.

      In case you are unable to update BIOS there is a separate program
      PTT32.EXE which could be downloaded from the WEB site of Bo, OZ2M. It is
      proved to work fine. Have in mind PTT32.EXE uses RTS only for PTT via
      COM. PTT32.EXE could be used in emergency on the newer notebooks without
      COM, as it makes PTT on parallel LPT port too.

      I think this might be of help to some one.

      73, Harry LZ1BB

      P.S. Typo on Jani's call should be HA5CRX. My apologizes Jani.