Spyware

  • Bob Sampson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2003
      Jim,

      Check http://www.lavasoftusa.com/index.html for a description of
      spyware. You will need to root around in the site a little but it is
      interesting reading.

      An application to remove (some, all, most ???) the offending cookies is
      also offered.

      Bob

      At 02:01 PM 1/18/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >Message: 2
      > Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:17:42 -0800
      > From: "Jim Forsyth" <jim@...>
      >Subject: Re: YAHOO SPYWARE
      >

      > > I have noticed that Yahoo has been spying on my computer.
      >
      >What were the symptoms that you noticed?

    • Jim Forsyth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2003
        So what were the symptoms you noticed?

      • rwmcgwier <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2003
          I have a linux machine acting as my firewall. It began doing
          reports to companies that do advertising here so they can tailor
          the ads to you. It was to one of the obvious spyware culprits.
          The Linux machine logged the transaction.

          Bob, N4HY

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/