01/28/06 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      We are in the winter doldrums of random rocks and it shows on 2m
      relative to summer and fall months. The good news is conditions will
      generally improve each week as we move towards spring. First time
      report from Wayne, AA9DY in EN52. Wayne currently just in rx mode on 6m
      but hopes to get a moxon or small beam up in the spring.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      AB3BK - Heard K9KNW and KN4SM
      WA5UFH - Worked K9KNW, also called west and nothing heard.
      KN4SM - Heard K8EB
      K4YMQ - Called and nothing heard
      N5SIX - Heard KN4SM U3, partial BC from K9KNW (on review like ball game!)

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      KI0LE - Worked AA2W and KN4SM, heard N5SIX, WB9F and WA4HFN
      AB3BK - Worked N5SIX, heard K4YMQ, K4KO and KN4SM
      K0KO - Worked WB9F and N5SIX, heard WA4HFN and KN4SM
      WA5UFH - Worked WA4HFN and N5SIX, CWNR K4YMQ, WB9F and KE7NR,
      heard K4KO
      AA9DY - Heard KN4SM
      KN4SM - Worked KI0LE, WA4HFN and K4YMQ, CWNR AG2A, heard
      heard WA5UFH, N9EGT, K4KO and WB9F
      K4YMQ - Worked KN4SM, CWNR AG2A, heard WA5UFH, N5SIX and AA2WV
      N5SIX - Worked K9KNW, WA5UFH (b/s), AB3BK, WB9F and K4KO, CWNR AA2WV,
      heard KN4SM, KI0LE and WA4HFN (b/s)

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX