JT6M sensistivity

  • Alberto E. Zagni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hi all,
      I am only using WSJT for 6 meter operation in JT6M mode. During the
      weekend I made extensive tests with 3 PCs and 4 sound cards regarding
      operation of version 5.9.3 vs. 4.9.8.
      Due to some good E-sporadic opening, there were some strong and
      steady signals and also some local ones. 4.9.8 decoded them all
      automatically while the PC running 5.9.3 did not decode at all, and
      also right clicking on the green line (15-20 db signal) gave no result.
      Also some short pings gave automatic decoding on 4.9.8 while on the
      5.9.3. I had to manually right click to get the decode. Where 5.9.3
      seems better than 4.9.8 is on reconstruction of a message based on
      few short pings. I have a PC specifically built for JT6M (Pentium 4
      3.4 GHz, 1 Gb RAM), but am still reluctant to leave old 4.9.8. What's
      your comment?
      Another question: is there a paper around on the JT6M specifications?

      All the best
      Alberto I2KBD