YAHOO SPYWARE

  • Robert McGwier
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
      I have noticed that Yahoo has been spying on my computer.
      I have finally figured it out and here is their admission
      and how you get out of it. They are using something they
      call "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo Group users around the net
      and see what you're doing -similar to cookies.Take a look at
      their updated privacy statement:

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
      Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you
      opt-out of their new method of snooping.
      Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice the
      "Success" message at the top of the next page.

      (If this URL doesn't work, then go back to
      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html
      and you will find Web beacons in the section on Cookies.)

      BE CAREFUL because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button
      that, if clicked, will *undo** the opt-out.
    • Jim Forsyth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2003
        > I have noticed that Yahoo has been spying on my computer.

        What were the symptoms that you noticed?