Re: [wsjtgroup] Announcing "Random QSO Hour"

  • Mark e McMillan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2003
      Hi Tip
      Only two points.
      1. 1400-1500  6am-7am PDT  is early for the Left side. maybe 2  or 3 hours
      2. 222 freq??

      73 Mark W7MEM
      DN17NT
      Idaho

      On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:04:49 -0600 "Randy Tipton" <wa5ufh@...> writes:
      As Joe pointed out, the next Saturday is the January VHF SS so we will
      put a start date of January the 25 for the first "Random QSO Hour". This
      is voluntary, for interested / curious operators and will be sponsored
      by the WSJTGROUP.

      Random QSO Hour:
      Every Saturday starting on January 25, 2003 those interested in working
      random qso's will call cq's on either 144.140 or 50.270 between 14:00
      and 15:00 UTC. Stations calling CQ should announce the frequency they
      will be listening on according to the standard accepted practices.

      Following the "Random QSO Hour", those who participate are encouraged to
      share their results on the "WSJTGROUP" reflector. The more that
      participate the more we will all learn about the effectiveness /
      usefulness of multiple qso's sharing a small segment of the band. Also,
      it should just be fun!

      I will program the WSJTGROUP calendar to announce this event early on
      Saturday mornings prior to start time. This is flexible, dates / times
      etc. can be adjusted when reasons warrant.

      Good luck to all who will be working the Jan SS Contest.
      Tip

      73 Mark W7MEM
      DN17NT
      Idaho
    • Mark e McMillan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2003
        Sorry for prevous post.
        I didnot add a attachement I hope my filters are working. this is a test.

        73 Mark W7MEM
        DN17NT
        Idaho