IRC

  • Jay Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2003
          Hi Fellow MS'ers,

          With all respect and appreciation to Chris, N0UK, and the pages he has provided for liason for HSMS and WSJT contacts, I wondered if anyone had considered starting and maintaining a channel on IRC for the same purpose. There are some obvious benefits, such as the conversation would be more "real time" without having to wait for the page to update, etc, users could have private conversations without interrupting other users, and with the large proliferation of IRC servers scattered around the world, there might be a bit easier connectivity, particularly on the EME group. Its just a thought, but I wondered if anyone else had given it any thought.  We might also attract a larger following for users and experimenters in the mode(s) due to somewhat faster flow of conversation possible. I do not want to take anything at all away from the work of Chris, N0UK. His pages have been invaluable to me and I have learned virtually everything I have learned of these modes there. Since I am a relative newby at this, someone may have already suggested IRC and it may have already been hashed thru. If so, my apologies, if not, it could be something worth considering. With thanks to all who have been so patient and generous in their help to me, I thank you,      Jay W5DN