Century Grid Award ... W9RVG ...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
      Congratulations to W9RVG, Marshall in EM57, who has earned the WSJTGROUP
      Century Grid Award (CGA) for 100 grids worked via HSMS on six meters. The
      date of his 100th contact was January 7 of this year. This date earned is
      also posted on the CGA Standings.

      The CGA award is unique because this operator knows of no other organization
      that has special awards for meteor scatter only contacts. There are probably
      some old timers who qualify with a date earned maybe prior to WSJT when HSCW
      was the norm or shortly after the initial release of WSJT. Both the Random
      QSO Award and Century Grid Awards are worthy of framing. Endorsements are in
      increments of 50 for the CGA award and at this time are posted with the CGA
      Standings.

      Don't forget the January contest. Schedules are necessary unless you're
      going to be like me an look for random contacts on the call frequency. Also
      almost immediately following the Weekend contest the WSJTGROUP Fall/Winter
      Sprint is Tuesday night the 24th. (Consult the webpage if you need
      information, it is both 2 & 6 meters)

      CGA Standings http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/CGAStandings.htm

      Sprint Info http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/WSJTGROUP/SprintRules.htm

      For the WSJTGROUP
      Tip WA5UFH
    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
        Congrats to Marshall for 100 grids via HSMS on six meters. Good job.

        I did not read about this award, and I'm not much into awards anyway, but I
        like to keep track of what my totals are. So I counted up my grids via HSMS
        on 2 meters, and it totals at just 102. But quite a few of those grids were
        made on HSCW, before WSJT was invented. A lot of them were from Joe, K9KNW
        with all the water grids he gave out back in those days - all via HSCW.

        73, Russ K2TXB

        > Congratulations to W9RVG, Marshall in EM57, who has earned
        > the WSJTGROUP Century Grid Award (CGA) for 100 grids worked
        > via HSMS on six meters. The date of his 100th contact was
        > January 7 of this year. This date earned is also posted on
        > the CGA Standings.
      • Dan K9ZF
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
          Congrats Marshall!!

          73
          Dan

          --
          K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269
          Check out the Rover Resource Page at: <http://www.qsl.net/n9rla>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2006
            Russ according to the rules, all HSCW contacts count towards the CGA.

            Snip:
            The mode of propagation must be meteor scatter. Any High Speed Meteor
            Scatter method employed is acceptable.
            (Common methods are FSK441, JT6M, HSCW, etc.)

            One thing nice about the award, only a log submittal is required, no need to
            have all the qsl cards!

            I was curious, were your water grids K9KNW or W1LP? I knew K9KNW traveled to
            many land grids like coast to coast hihi...

            I only have a handful of HSCW contacts, a few weeks after purchasing the
            software WSJT was introduced. HSCW was fun but seemed more complicated than
            WSJT to me with separating the left / right audio and having to wear the
            headphones ... I didn't make enough contacts to become proficient and now
            the software seems not to work with Windows XP?

            73
            Tip WA5UFH