12/31/2005 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      And for 12/31/2005.  BTW, in thinking about the discussion on the co-existance of FSK441 and JT6M during random hour, here is tick I happened upon.  Probably not original with me.  Since JT6M pingd will give you "miles" of SH decodes on screen when you receive it in FSK441, select "No Shorthand" decodes under Decode options for FSK441 on menu.  Works like a charm since you don't expect SH's in RH format messages anyway.  Just remember to turn it back on at the end!

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WA3LTB - Tried AF4O, heard KC0HLN
      WA5UFH - CWNR K4KAE, heard AF4O
      AF4O   - Partials from WA5UFH and WA3LTB

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WA5UFH - CWNR K4KO, heard KE2N, K5DNL and AF4O
      N8OC   - Worked KE2N and K1JT - good scatter signals
      KE2N   - Worked K5CZD, K5DNL, K5QQQ, KC0HLN, N8OC and WB9F
      K4KO   - Worked WA8RJF, K5DNL, K5NZ and WB9F direct,
                 heard WA5UFH
      K1JT   - Worked KC0HLN, N8OC and K4KO
      AF4O   - Heard K1JT, N5OSK, WA5UFH and KE2N
      K4YMQ  - Worked N3RN and N5OSK, heard WA5UFH
      N5SIX  - Able to earwig only a few minutes in EM50, heard WA5UFH

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX