2005 Winter Rally and Newbies

  • LARRY
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      I agree with Tip, lets get those rally log sheets sent in. The more
      logs sent in will help determine how many over all grids were worked
      as well as to the number of stations active during the contest.

      I'm fairly new to meteor scatter but have noticed an increase in new
      operators the past 2 months. Those old timers, who had a influence on
      bringing in the newbies should be commended for their efforts.

      Now we need to encourage them to participate in our weekly Random Hour
      each Saturday morning. I was fortunate to have a good tutor in
      Marshall, W9RVG. Some of these newbies may be less fortunate and dont
      understand procedures or what Random Hour really is. Thats when we
      need to step in with some guidance.

      Thanks to all who have helped me along the way to the great fun I now
      have in Meteor Scatter.

      Larry WB9F