Re: [wsjtgroup] Question About WSJT Saving Files

  • john flinn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
      Ditto Ditto
      John W9SE
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 12:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Question About WSJT Saving Files

      Ditto here on WAV's been saved when None selected under Save in version
      5.x.  I, and probably others, told Joe so he is aware of it/  Hopefully
      bug will be fixed in the real Ver 6 release.  They will add up in a
      hurry when you monitor as much as some of us!  I just try to remember to
      zap them every few days.

      Happy New Year to all - Bruce, N5SIX
    • Ira Franklin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
        thanks for info guys my hard drive was loaded big time  lol
        73's
        Ira  K4YMQ

        john flinn <W9SE@...> wrote:
        Ditto Ditto
        John W9SE
        Ditto here on WAV's been saved when None selected under Save in version
        5.x.  I, and probably others, told Joe so he is aware of it/  Hopefully
        bug will be fixed in the real Ver 6 release.  They will add up in a
        hurry when you monitor as much as some of us!  I just try to remember to
        zap them every few days.

        Happy New Year to all - Bruce, N5SIX

      • Catharinus PE1AHX in JO21OS
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
          Guys,

          thanks for the info! Since I don;t have any saving switched on (I use
          4.3.4 as main FSK version), I never checked it. Tonight I did and found
          4.271 files for 2.67 GigaByte total.... Luckily I have a sizable harddisk
          but this came as a big shock.

          Joe - can you check this out pse?

          73
          Catharinus PE1AHX

          At 16:18 02-01-2006 +0000, you wrote:
          >Sometimes, when PJ is very active, I'll leave WSJT monitoring while I
          >do other things. I like to go back and see who was CQ'ing, etc. Last
          >night I saw that I had 1,469 monitoring files for a total of 922MB.
          >
          >Is it normal for WSJT to save all RX files when monitoring even though
          >I have "None" selected from the SAVE menu? I may have missed this in
          >the User's Guide and apoligize if so.
          >
          >Thanks!
          >Mark, K0XXX

          ---