Logs / Rally Lets break the record for log submittals...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      During 2005, I think we would all agree that WSJT activity has increased.
      The membership of the WSJTGROUP grew by 221 new members and is now at 599.
      The Random Hour and other activity periods are experiencing new growth since
      its beginning January 25, 2003.

      I was pleased to see that 27 logs have been turned in for the winter rally
      already! We have a chance to break the old record of 37 logs submitted in
      the December 2002 Rally but will we?

      If you participated in the winter Rally this year, consider submitting a log
      to Mike; even if you were not actively contesting to be competitive. I do
      not consider myself a contester in the ARRL contests but those events that I
      make a contact in I always try to submit a log. Here are a few reasons
      why...

      Other hams are counting on you to participate both for contacts and log
      submittals.

      Contests need support (logs) for continued operations.

      Meteor Scatter Contesting promotes HSMS and will draw in new operators.

      When NAHSMS Contesting Grows to a sound numerical levels other organizations
      might consider sponsoring meteor scatter contests. i.e. SWOT, ARRL

      You might just be awarded a certificate and at the very least, you will be
      listed on a collective webpage with others who support HSMS.

      The rules for the NAHSMS contests need some improvements however without a
      critical mass of submittals there is little justification for new
      categories.

      You can probably come up with many other reasons for submitting a log. The
      logging requirements are probably the most flexible of any respectable
      contest known. How simple can it get? Put a text document together with
      your log and email it to Mike! We stand a good chance of breaking the old
      record.

      So guys, submit your Rally Logs! Your log is important.

      HNY

      Tip

      Everything you need for making a log submittal can be found on this page.
      http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w05/winter_2005.html