Re: [wsjtgroup] Question About WSJT Saving Files

  • Harry Popov
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
      It is the same with me on wsjt 5.9.0. It is only in monitor mode, so I
      suppose is a bug.

      73, Harry LZ1BB

      n Mon, 2006-01-02 at 16:18 +0000, Mark Hambrice wrote:
      > Is it normal for WSJT to save all RX files when monitoring even though
      > I have "None" selected from the SAVE menu? I may have missed this in
      > the User's Guide and apoligize if so.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Mark, K0XXX
    • jim bennett
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
        Huh, interesting, I have yet to save a file, yet I have 218 Megs of saved RX .WAV files (WSJT6).....didn't know that was happening and did not want it to. Thanks Mark

        jim K4KAE
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
          Ditto here on WAV's been saved when None selected under Save in version
          5.x. I, and probably others, told Joe so he is aware of it/ Hopefully
          bug will be fixed in the real Ver 6 release. They will add up in a
          hurry when you monitor as much as some of us! I just try to remember to
          zap them every few days.

          Happy New Year to all - Bruce, N5SIX
        • john flinn

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
              thanks for info guys my hard drive was loaded big time  lol
              73's
              Ira  K4YMQ

              john flinn <W9SE@...> wrote:
              Ditto Ditto
              John W9SE
              Ditto here on WAV's been saved when None selected under Save in version
              5.x.  I, and probably others, told Joe so he is aware of it/  Hopefully
              bug will be fixed in the real Ver 6 release.  They will add up in a
              hurry when you monitor as much as some of us!  I just try to remember to
              zap them every few days.

              Happy New Year to all - Bruce, N5SIX

            • Catharinus PE1AHX in JO21OS
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
                Guys,

                thanks for the info! Since I don;t have any saving switched on (I use
                4.3.4 as main FSK version), I never checked it. Tonight I did and found
                4.271 files for 2.67 GigaByte total.... Luckily I have a sizable harddisk
                but this came as a big shock.

                Joe - can you check this out pse?

                73
                Catharinus PE1AHX

                At 16:18 02-01-2006 +0000, you wrote:
                >Sometimes, when PJ is very active, I'll leave WSJT monitoring while I
                >do other things. I like to go back and see who was CQ'ing, etc. Last
                >night I saw that I had 1,469 monitoring files for a total of 922MB.
                >
                >Is it normal for WSJT to save all RX files when monitoring even though
                >I have "None" selected from the SAVE menu? I may have missed this in
                >the User's Guide and apoligize if so.
                >
                >Thanks!
                >Mark, K0XXX

                ---