WSJT distribution

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2005
      Dear Meteor Scatter and EME Friends,

      Thanks to a number of generous volunteers, CD-ROMs of the WSJT
      installation and tutorial files are now being made available at very low
      cost for those without high speed internet connections. If you have
      problems downloading WSJT over the internet, click here

      http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_distrib1.JPG

      to find the volunteer in your region and then send an email to enquire
      about details. The most recent released version of WSJT is 5.9.0.

      *For programmers:*
      ------------------

      Let me also take this opportunity to bring you up to date on the state
      of WSJT development. More than 130 people have downloaded the WSJT
      source code, recently made "open source" under the GNU General Public
      License. A small working group has been formed, made up of individuals
      who have offered specific contributions to the future development of
      WSJT. The group's present activities include porting WSJT to the Linux
      platform, writing an open-source version of the soft-decision Reed
      Solomon decoder, and experimentation with a possible new WSJT mode that
      could offer some advantages over JT65 at 50 MHz and on the UHF and
      microwave bands. The Linux port is already well along, and probably
      more than 90% operational.

      If you are interested in joining the working group, please send me email
      and let me know what you are interested in contributing.

      With best New Year's wishes,