Re: [wsjtgroup] RE: [HSMS/JT44] Contest thoughts..our needs & who has the advantage...

  • Terry l Hosack
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2002
      Hi All,

      As a station that doesn't expect to win anything in a contest, I think
      the recent contest fulfilled my expectations. Usually the better stations
      with more power and good equipment and especially the guys that put in
      more time in a contest (which I usually don't have) will do better than
      others, that's life. I do what I can with the station I have and the
      time I can devote to the activity. I think it was great to actually hear
      fsk441 signals around the band, thats one thing I hate is when I promote
      how great this mode is only to have someone ask where's all the activity,
      they didn't hear anything down the band. I even put the WSJT program in
      the monitor mode on 144.140 when I was busy doing other things during the
      contest and came back to find several decoded callsigns on my screen,
      even with my antenna headed to the south west I was decoding stations
      from the NNW direction with little problem. So when their is activity on
      the band and I have signals to decode that's all I ask for.
      As for different categories for the contest, High and low power
      divisions and possibly a Rover division would be fine, with single and
      multiband categories, I don't think the assisted or unassisted category
      matters that much,atleast to me, let everyone use the internet or
      whatever to scrounge up contacts if they have it available, if they can
      make the contact via meteor scatter I don't personally care how they do
      it. Contacts X Grid Squares= SCORE

      Make it simple and fun that's all I ask! Would like to see MORE
      activities throught the year, possibly a Rally Weekend or two here and
      there with no awards but scores posted to the internet possibly? Who
      needs those award certificates anyway, then you have to go out and buy a
      frame for it!

      73's
      Terry
      WA3LTB EN92ta