My contest results & Request for logs...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2002
      Note: This message sent to three reflectors, if you have read it
      delete me now!

      My results and a Request for Logs:

      My contest results are not so impressive. However I did work one new
      state, two new grids and two new initials on six meters. I started the
      contest off with several schedules but all were too aggressive and
      they all failed. (I should have made schedules for less than 1400
      miles and maybe they would have been successful. My sked's ranged form
      1474 to 1661 miles, just to aggressive)

      I found working "unassisted" like a Maytag repairman. I called several
      hours of cq's and only made 4 qso's via meteor scatter. The six meter
      band opened several times with strong e-skip. At one time I was
      hearing K1SIX, AK3E, KB3EDF, K3JT and K0AWU all on e-skip.(I had
      worked k3JT on pings prior to the opening) Everyone should remember to
      designate any contacts made on their logs if they were e-skip instead
      of meteor scatter. Only the meteor scatter contacts count towards the
      contest score but it would be interesting to see how many E-Skip
      contacts were made. I wonder, did anyone experience any E-Skip on two
      meters?

      Well, I had hoped to operate many more hours but had many
      distractions. Had promised a friend to help sell some of his cattle,
      boy was his timing poor. Now that the contest is over, I have a new PC
      to place on the operating desk. New 2.4Ghz Dell with 512MB RDRam and
      MS XP. Hope I can get it all working before all the Contest Logs start
      arriving!

      Guys, since I didn't hear much and didn't monitor any ping jockey
      pages, I have no feel as to how the activity was. I hope everyone that
      participated will email or snail-mail me a log so we can have a
      representative posting of the activity. Do not procrastinate, send in
      your logs early. Tnx

      My address:

      Randy Tipton
      778CR123