WSJT 5.9.0 Tutorial

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2005
      A tutorial on the use of WSJT 5.9.0 has been placed on the WSJT web
      site, http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/. I hope it will prove to
      be an effective way to help users become proficient with WSJT in its
      three operating modes.

      Fair warning: the necessary package of sample wave files is about 22 MB
      in size. You will need a fast internet connection to download it.

      Feedback on the Tutorial from both new and experienced users will be
      most welcome.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
        To: Programmers interested in WSJT internals
        From: Joe Taylor, K1JT

        I have make a tar file of the source code for WSJT version 5.9.1. If
        you are interested in contributing to the development of this software,
        or perhaps other tools that might develop from it, please read the
        description at http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT_Source_Code.txt.

        The source code for WSJT is available at
        http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/WSJT591.tgz.

        Be aware that up to now, development of WSJT has been a one-man effort.
        As a consequence you may find that documentation of the code seems
        minimal, cryptic, or both. In due course I hope to improve this
        situation, and also to provide additional documentation of overall
        program design.

        If you download the tar file and make any use of its contents, please
        send me email describing your interest in contributing to this project.

        Please take note: I will be traveling for the next two weeks, mostly out
        of email contact. I will respond appropriately to email when I return home.

        With best wishes,
        -- Joe Taylor, K1JT

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
            I'm having difficulty getting the latest source code and sure I must be missing something obvious.

            All the instructions to get at the source code on the Berlios site imply it can be done using obscure "svn" Linux type commands

            But I want to download the latest stuff in simple files using the ever popular Windows OS. Don't want to try compiling or anything, just download all source code to be able to read and understand what is going on.

            Andy G4JNT
          • booz2m
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 19, 2012
              Hi

              I use SilkSvn which seems to work for me.

              The "source code" I pasted is my own implementation but I see that I forgot to make the message more generic.

              Symbol[I+6+MsgLen]=MGMSymCar[0][I+6];

              Should be:

              Symbol[I+6+MsgLen]=Symbol[I+6];

              MGMSymCar is my own internal variable name.

              It was also a bit difficult to see the space in the characters. Here it is again: "0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ<space>/.?@-"

              The FEC in ISCAT is probably more "relaxed" than in e.g. JT65. The overall message has a 4 + 2 symbols header + 1 start char (@) + the message/payload. The 4 symbol header is the Costas array and then the length is sent twice with 5 added to it the second time. Probably to shift the bit pattern Length+101. The transmission sends the payload twice.

              The line with

              Symbol[I+6]=GetCharNo_P(ISCATChars,Msg[I]);

              GetCharNo_P = Find the Msg[I] char number in the
              "0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ<space>/.?@-" string.

              Tone0 varies with mode. In A it is 1012,060547 Hz and B is 559,8632813 Hz Hz in the AF regime. The step sizes are A: 21,53320313 Hz, and B: 43,06640625 Hz. T0_A=47 x step size, T0_B=13 x step size.

              Hope this clarifies the details.

              73
              Bo, OZ2M