Attn Six Meter Operators Only...
- I would like to introduce the DOS HONOR ROLL. This is a new program
being introduced by DigitalOnSix.
1. All contacts must be made by Meteor Scatter on the Six Meter Band.
2. Submit your information to wa5ufh@... by the 10th of the month
for the prior months operation.
3. Report the total number of grids worked (completed qso's)on six
meters for the prior month. (logs are not required but should be
available upon request)
4. The station reporting the highest number of grids worked for said
month has his call added to the "DOS Honor Roll" and is designated
Grid Runner for the month.
5. All stations who enter will be posted monthly by "callsign / number
of grids worked" at http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/DOS/Runner.htm
6. DOS Membership is not required for DOS Honor Roll
7. There is no limit to the number of times a station can qualify for
8. Open to all Six Meter Operators World Wide
9. For a grid to qualify it must meet all the requirements for a
"Meteor Scatter" qso. Grids Squares do not have to be exchanged,
except for the JT44 Mode, but all grid squares must be known to be
accurate by the submitting station. Grid Squares are considered to be
accurate taken from the Ping Jockey, WSJT Callsign database and other
Purpose of the "Honor Roll" Grid Runners Program... It is hoped that
the Grid Runners Honor Roll will help promote the use of Six Meters
for meteor scatter, document usage and generate a Spirit of
Competition. The achievement of reaching the Honor Roll demonstrates
one's ability and the capabilities of his/her equipment. Each month
there is a new opportunity to work more grids than others by using
meteor scatter on the six meter band. The Ping Generators list will be
updated each month and is a good indication of "who" the competition
There are several other informative activities / processes that can be
found on the DOS web site. www.qsl.net/DigitalOnSix such as:
1. Link to the Standing Tables for Six Meter WSJT Modes
2. Standing Tables for other digital modes ( there are few entries and
the tables need a little work but the process is started)
3. Monthly Six Meter Activity Report for Digital Modes...
4. Listing of DOS members and DOS Numbers...
For more information on DOS check out the WebPage...
Six Meters is a Unique/Special Band, (some even say magic). I am one
of three moderators for the DOS Group. I am also one of two moderator
for this WSJTGroup. It is not my intent to "Spam this Group" with an
announcement nor is it my intent to see anyone leave this group for
the DOS group. The WSJTGroup has and continues to serve us all well.
Some might be interested in the DOS activities so I just wanted to
share this and would like to see the Six Meter Standings supported
more than it is presently.
Randy Tipton (Tip)
Internet Bible Study http://www.ykc.com/adcofc
My Web Page http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh
DigitalOnSix WebPage http://www.qsl.net/digitalonsix
WSJT Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wsjtgroup/